Facts about Black Hawk, Colorado
The City of Black Hawk is a Home Rule Municipality in Gilpin County, Colorado, United States. The city population was 118 at the 2010 United States Census, making Black Hawk the least populous city (rather than town) in Colorado. The tiny city is an historic mining settlement founded in 1859 during the Pike's Peak Gold Rush. Black Hawk is a part of the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.95 square miles (5.04 km²).
As of the census of 2000, there were 118 people, 54 households, and 28 families residing in the city. The population density was 80.9 people per square mile (31.2/km²). There were 79 housing units at an average density of 54.2 per square mile (20.9/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 84.75% White, 3.39% African American, 0.85% Native American, 5.93% from other races, and 5.08% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.17% of the population.
There were 54 households out of which 18.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.7% were married couples living together, 5.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 46.3% were non-families. 33.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.19 and the average family size was 2.69.
Serving Black Hawk, Colorado
Bio-One services all types of trauma, distressed property, and biohazard scenes in communities throughout Denver Area. We partner with local authorities, communities, emergency services personnel, victim services groups, hoarding task forces, apartment complexes, insurance companies and others to provide the most efficient and superior service possible.
We are your crime scene cleaners dedicated to assisting law enforcement, public service agencies and property owners/managers in restoring property that has been contaminated as a result of crime, disaster or misuse.
- We have fielded thousands of calls and recovered just about any situation out there in a professional and compassionate matter.
- We are Licensed, Bonded, and Insured.
- We maintain strict adherence to OSHA rules and regulations to ensure the safety of our workers, the public, and of you and your family.
- We are proud to have a great working relationship with the Police, Fire, and most Insurance Agencies.